All students are expected to maintain a high standard of pride in their appearance and are required to wear correct uniform at all times. The uniform helps children to develop a spirit of belonging to the school and removes competition in dress. We ask for full caregiver support in ensuring that students are clean, neat and correctly attired. We believe that it is only fair to all students that correct school uniform standards are maintained.
During school hours the wearing of jewellery, make-up or coloured nail polish is not allowed. Studs or sleepers are the only ear decoration permitted.
For health and safety reasons, hair longer than shoulder length must be tied back with a white, maroon or navy hair tie. Hair bands must be white, maroon or navy. Hair should present a neat, natural appearance.
Undergarments, such as a singlet or polypropylene, must be white and short sleeved.
Both Girls and Boys
- School monogrammed navy polar fleece or maroon jersey.
- Black or brown leather or vinyl shoes, or sandals. Sports shoes, sneakers, skate shoes or ballet flats are not permitted.
- Navy blue wide brimmed or bucket hat (compulsory Terms 1 and 4).
- Plain maroon or navy scarf (winter - optional).
- Weatherproof school jacket and track pants may be worn to and from school.
Option 1 - Traditionally Girls
- Maroon cardigan (an alternative to the polar fleece or jersey).
- School pleated skirt or shorts.
- School monogrammed blouse.
- White or black socks or black tights.
Option 2 - Traditionally Boys
- Grey shorts
- School monogrammed polo shirt
- Grey socks with single maroon bands
Physical Education Uniform
Both Girls and Boys
- School monogrammed navy and maroon top
- School maroon shorts
School Sports Uniform
Official sports uniforms and tracksuits are provided for students representing our school at interschool tournaments or competitions.
Uniform Sales and Supply: New
Uniform Sales and Supply: Second Hand
Christchurch South Karamata Intermediate uniforms can sometimes be found for sale on TradeMe.
The Athlete's Foot in Riccarton have generously supported our school for a number of years. Mention our school when you purchase shoes and they include your purchase as part of their school support programme. We have benefited from valuable sports equipment through this programme in the past.
When you buy school shoes from Shoe Clinic Riccarton you can save yourself money (an upfront discount of either $10 off all school shoes or a free $35 back pack) and help raise money for the school too - for every pair of school shoes sold the Shoe Clinic Riccarton will contribute $10 back to the school.