Enrolments Close 1st September
Christchurch South Intermediate School is a school for 11-13 year old girls and boys. As a school we offer a caring, stimulating and challenging environment for all students to begin their adventure into adolescence. We have a reputation for being innovative, providing a strong home-room programme and a wide range of specialist subjects.
A completed enrolment form together with copies of the required documents, as listed on the enrolment form, must be received at the school office before the closing date which is 1 September. The form can be found in the resources section on the right of this page.
Christchurch South Intermediate School has an enrolment scheme and zone. Details of the scheme, including a printable map of the zone, can be found in the links section on the right of this page.
Out of zone enrolments welcome.
A school zone does not restrict students living outside the zone from enrolling.
For more detailed zoning information, search for Christchurch South Intermediate at http://nzschools.tki.org.nz
Christchurch South Intermediate School offers an excellent programme of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Our Director of International Students is an experienced trained teacher. She is supported by two staff who are employed to help students learning to speak English. Interpretors are available to support students with their learning and with any pastoral needs they may have. Students are well supported and cared for.
Why choose Christchurch South Intermediate School?
- Excellent reputation.
- Strong academic, sports, arts and cultural programmes.
- High standards.• Strong values.
- Equal opportunities for all students.
- Well supported programmes for English language learning.
- Well qualified and skilful teaching staff who focus on students aged 11-13 years old.
- Specialist teachers in the areas of Arts (performance and visual), Technology (woodcraft, metalwork, electronics, food, fabric), Science, ICT and Physical Education.
- Caring and safe school and community environment.
- Students are well prepared for secondary school.
- Excellent resources including large grass playing fields.
- Excellent access to computers and multimedia software.
- Maximum of two International Students per class.
- Students come from diverse multicultural backgrounds. • School is fun!