Parent / Teacher Association (PTA)
A key role of the PTA is raise funds to help provide additional resources to Christchurch South Intermediate and to support projects that the school wants to undertake for its students (our children).
Join the committee or sign up to our helpers list
The PTA committee is a friendly group of parents who generally meet once a month, where you can be involved as much or as little as you want. If you can't commit to being on the committee itself please think about joining our helpers list. We will email everyone on our helpers list when we need help with specific events or tasks and you can choose what suits you best.
If you are available and would like to help us, please sign up now & tell us how you can help.
Here are some of the things your PTA was involved during 2016.
- Registration day | We were onsite at school providing information to new students & their families.
- South’s Open Night | We were onsite at school providing information to prospective students & their families.
- Discos | We helped out with discos, providing people at the door, helping teachers and in the canteen serving cold drinks and snacks.
- School uniform trade | Facilitated the school uniform trade via the school website.
- Community & social events | We organised a Car Boot Sale and a Quiz Night.
- Fundraising | We organised a range of successful fundraising events throughout the year to help provide additional resources to the school.
- Working bees | We organised a number of Working Bees all aimed at removing the old bike sheds and tidying up the area so it could be put to good use once more by the school.
Parents and caregivers are welcome to attend our friendly and informal meetings.
Perhaps you're interested in helping out with one particular activity - for example a working bee or helping to organise one our community events? Come to our next meeting and find out how you can be involved.
Our meetings start at 7:30pm and are held in the school meeting room, which is immediately on your right as you enter the Administration/Office Block. Meeting dates for 2017 are:
- Wed 15 March (AGM)
- Wed 5 April
- Wed 10 May
- Wed 7 June
- Wed 26 July
- Wed 23 August
- Wed 20 September
- Wed 18 October
- Wed 15 November