We've had a great start to our biannual trip to Nelson: a smooth journey filled with sunny stops and lots of friendly smiles upon arrival at Broadgreen and meeting our billets.
Unfortunately, sunny Nelson is not living up to its name, and it began to rain as we gathered for the mihi whakatau. Here are some of our highlights so far...
- Hanging out with my billet; laughing into the wee hours and having heaps of fun with my billet's family and pets
- Friendly billets; being given tours of the city, school and beach
- Great modules: team building, the climbing wall, Theatresports, creating catapults
- Embracing the challenge of roller skating (after our Rabbit Island trip was rained off)
- Yummy shared kai
- Having a great sleep at my billet's house after a long day of travel
We can't wait to share our Showcase tomorrow morning and then get stuck into some sport!